UTILITIES SERVICE, BILLING AND PAYMENTS
Questions about online payment contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application for Water and/or Sewer Service Application for Water and/or Sewer Service (PDF) You may download this application and fax in to (864) 260-6357 to be processed.
- Water and/or Sewer Service Agreement and Restrictive Covenant Water and/or Sewer Service Agreement and Restrictive Covenant (PDF)
- First time customers to Electric City Utilities must please apply in person.
- You must have a valid driver’s license or photo Id.
- You must verify your social security number.
- You must have a copy of your lease/rental agreement or a copy of your closing papers.
- Any and/or all outstanding debts with Electric City Utilities must be paid in full prior to applying for new service.
- In order for properties located outside the City limits to receive access to water and/or sewer service, the owner(s) of the property must sign an agreement placing a restrictive covenant on the property.
- A security deposit securing timely payment of monthly charges shall be required for new customer accounts.
- Deposit amounts are $60.00 for inside city customers and $100.00 for outside city customers.
- The account must be listed in the name of lessee or owner of the property.
- Billing is once per month for water and/or sewer. Payment in full is due within 15 calendar days from the mailing date of the bill. After this date, the account is considered delinquent and a 10 percent late charge will be added.
- Your bill reflects water usage by cubic feet. One unit of water is equal to 100 cubic feet (748 gallons).
Payments may be made as follows:
- Online Bill Pay
- Mail remitted to Electric City Utilities, City of Anderson, PO Box 63061, Charlotte, NC 28263-3061.
- MasterCard or Visa upon completion and mailing of the credit card portion of the bill found on the back of the remittance stub.
- Bank Draft upon completion of bank draft application with Electric City Utilities office.
- You may select this option on the back of your remittance stub or visit the 601 S Main Street office. Bank Draft Application (PDF). Drop box located at the back of the Municipal Business Center at 601 S Main St.
- Payment in full is recommended. Partial payments on past due balances does not guarantee service will not be disconnected.
Disconnect and Reconnect Fees:
- When services are disconnected for non-payment, a disconnect fee, plus payment in full of past due balances is required.
- This fee is either $40.00 (before 4:30 PM) or $55.00 (after 4:30 PM).
Return Check Fee/Bank Draft Fee:
The City does not use ceiling months for adjustments to its sewer charges due to excess watering during the summer months. The City encourages residents who are on city sewer to apply for an irrigation meter for their watering, filling up of pool, etc. The cost for the installation of an irrigation meter is as follows:
- Surface Water Only (Tee-off) – $200
- In-ground system – $1000 (3/4″) or $1200 (1″)