City of Anderson Operational Update (1-20-21)
Please note the following regarding access to public facilities, services, and information:
City Hall: Offices are now open to the public.
Municipal Business Center: Offices are now open to the public.
To limit contact and help stop the spread of COVID-19, payments may also be made as follows:
- Utility payments are accepted over the phone, at the drive-thru, drop boxes, online, and by mail. If you are currently more than 60 days behind on your bill, please call 864-260-6347 now to establish a payment plan in order to avoid the potential of disconnect. Governor McMaster has released the ban on utility disconnects. Non-pay disconnects will resume July 6, 2020.
- Permits, licensing, and payment assistance available online or by phone.
- Plan review, permitting, plan submittal, and zoning inquiries may be handled electronically or over the phone. Staff is also available for virtual consultation upon request.
- Housing Rehabilitation Loan payments through the Community
Development Division may be made through the mail or at the Municipal Business Center drop boxes.
Parks and Recreation Facilities:
- The Fitness Center is open with modified hours. Check the Rec page for hours of operation.
- Fitness classes are being held with proper COVID regulations in place.
- Indoor basketball courts remain closed to free play. (Pickle-ball courts are open on a limited schedule)
- Passive access to parks and trails is permitted with proper social distancing practices.
Parks are now open to the public.
Municipal Court: Court has resumed normal operations.
Economic Development Office: Now open to the public.
City Council, City Boards, and Commissions: Meetings will be held with public notification and will be listed on the City’s website.
For the most current information on City operations, continue to refer to the City’s website cityofandersonsc.com. For health information on the COVID-19 pandemic, contact the SC DHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432 (8 AM – 6 PM Daily).