City of Anderson Continues Limited Access to Public Facilities
(Effective May 15, 2020) To serve the public and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the City of Anderson will continue to limit access to public facilities. The City will pursue a flexible and phased response to COVID-19. Essential services – Police, Fire, Transit, Public Works and Electric City Utilities – will function uninterrupted.
Please note the following regarding access to public facilities, services and information:
City Hall: Offices are closed to the public until further notice.
Municipal Business Center: Offices are closed to the public until further notice.
• Utilities payments are accepted over the phone, at the drive thru, drop boxes, online and by mail.
• Permits, licensing and payment assistance available online or by phone.
• Plan review, permitting, plan submittal and zoning inquiries may be handled electronically or over the phone. Staff is available for virtual consultation upon request.
• Housing Rehabilitation Loan payments through the Community Development Division may be made through the mail or at the Municipal Business Center drop boxes.
Parks and Recreation Facilities:
• Fitness Center is closed until further notice. This includes the suspension of all classes and sports activities.
• City permitted events at parks and public spaces, including the Block Party, are suspended until further notice.
• Outdoor picnic shelters, playgrounds, splash pad, basketball courts are closed.
• Passive access to ball fields is permitted with proper social distancing. Team practice or organized games are not allowed.
• Passive access to parks and trails is permitted with proper social distancing practices.
• Bond hearings continue.
• By order of SC Chief Justice, courts remain closed for trials until June 12th.
• Criminal trial and Traffic Court trial continuance notification letters will be mailed as applicable.
Economic Development Offices: Offices closed to the public. Staff is available for virtual meetings upon request.
City Council, City Boards and Commissions: Meetings will be scheduled as needed with public notification and will be listed on the City’s website: cityofandersonsc.com.
For the most current information on City operations, please see the City’s website cityofandersonsc.com and City social media accounts. For health information on the COVID-19 pandemic, contact the SC DHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432 (8 AM – 6 PM Daily).