• Coordinates supervise and participate in the compilation of financial data and preparation of analyses that are accurate, timely and useful for management in handling the fiscal operations of the organization.
• Ensures the accuracy of bills, general ledger entries, and individual account records through the use of report writing and data analysis tools; monitors data entry performed by subordinate staff for accuracy; prepares special reports for auditing purposes.
• Prepares and administers the Enterprise funds annual budget. This includes preparing the operations portions of the budget as well as performance goals/accomplishments.
• Reports to Management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances.
• Performs decision making analyses and interprets financial information for use by City management, division heads, and other City officials.
• Forecasts cash flow position and related borrowing needs. Provides assistance when developing fiscal projects and provides other funding options.
• Requires Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to four years of college education in accounting, business, finance or a closely related field.
• Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Government Finance Officer designation are desirable.
• Five years of experience in accounting and finance. Experience in customer service billing and collections preferred.