Salary : $35,674 DOQ
• Coordinates and supervises minor renovation and construction projects. Ability to perform basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Installs, maintains and repair various plumbing systems, including but not limited to bathroom fixtures, water heaters/coolers, water lines and fountains. Repairs electrical components and equipment, such as, electricals outlets, switches, light fixtures, ballasts, etc.; changes light bulbs as needed. Install park grills, picnic tables, trash receptacles and park benches.
• Plans, organizes, assigns and supervises all recreation building and park maintenance operations and activities. Coordinates the daily activities of park maintenance department. Ability to plan and supervise the work of multiple staff performing a variety of job functions at different locations.
• Supervises subordinate staff. Supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; assisting with the selection of new employees; acting on employee problems; allocating personnel; recommending and approving employee discipline, and recommending discharge as appropriate.
• Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
• Provides for adequate staff training.
• Conducts regular inspections of parks and recreation facilities as part of an on-going maintenance and planning process.
• Procures maintenance and cleaning supplies and equipment; ability to perform janitorial skills, monitors expenditures and prepares related reports; ensures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time.
• Establishes building and park maintenance standards and schedules; establishes and maintains an efficient work order system; receives and supervises the timely completion of all work orders.
• Assists subordinates with maintenance work as required.
• In cooperation with the Division Director, identifies needed improvements to the departmental properties, facilities and equipment.
• Operates vehicles, trucks, equipment such as a carpentry, plumbing, and electrical tools and equipment; tiller, mower, blower, weed eater, edger, and other power and hand tools as necessary to complete tasks.
• Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
• Coordinates and supervises the custodial maintenance of City parks, shelters, public restrooms within the parks.
• Estimates the cost of projects; obtains bids for materials and services.
• Inspects work in progress and completed to ensure compliance with City and department policies, procedures and standards of quality and safety.
• Sets up rooms and facilities for meetings and events as requested. Assists with special projects as assigned.
• Coordinates assigned activities with those of other City divisions, departments and outside agencies as appropriate.
• Responds to emergency calls during non-working hours as needed.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints, and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
• Performs general office work as required, including preparing reports and records, copying and filing documents, answering the telephone, etc.
• Attends meetings, training, seminars, etc., as necessary to maintain and enhance job knowledge and skills.
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
• Requires extensive knowledge of park, building and custodial maintenance and experience at a supervisory level.
• Requires medium work that involves walking, standing, stooping, stretching or lifting some of the time and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or considerable skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
• The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dust and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights, toxic/caustic chemicals, and explosives.
• The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.