ENTRY SALARY $28,382 DUQ
Excellent Non-SC Retirement Plan
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Provides responsible administrative, secretarial and clerical assistance to the Planning and Development Director; support is also provided to IT division; to represent the City to the public and provide professional, courteous customer service at all times.
- Provides administrative support to the Planning and Transportation Director and other department staff, performing such duties as scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments, researching and compiling data for reports and studies, composing and/or preparing routine and confidential reports and correspondence, making travel and conference arrangements, etc.
- Composes, prepares, types, copies, files, processes, emails and/or transmits various documents, which may include forms, correspondence, memos, presentation materials, routine and statistical reports, etc. Establishes and maintains the department’s filing system.
- Schedules and makes logistical arrangements for board/commission meetings; notifies parties of meeting times and dates; attends meetings; prepares meeting agendas and packets; transcribes, prepares and distributes meeting minutes. Prepares and distributes public notices to the local media.
- Processes department time sheets. Prepares check requisitions for payments; prepares purchase requisitions for supplies, equipment and services.
- Assists in the development and preparation of department publications. Reproduces and maintains inventory of various documents and maps for public sale; collects, records and deposits monies received.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors. Performs other routine clerical work, including but not limited to copying and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, entering and retrieving computer data, preparing spreadsheets, assembling materials, processing daily mail, maintaining lists and logs, ordering supplies, etc.
- Assists supervisor in coordinating and implementing various department programs, activities and services as assigned. Receives, researches, and respond to inquiries, requests for assistance and concerns from other City departments, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public; assists supervisor in coordinating department activities with those of other departments and agencies as appropriate.
- Assists other departments with clerical duties as necessary. Attends staff, committee and City meetings as required. Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires Associate’s degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to the satisfactory completion of two years of college education with an emphasis in business, secretarial science, office management or a closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires over two years and up to and including four years.