Salary $29,290 DUQ
Open Until 3/15/2019
Excellent Non-State Benefit Plan
- Provides responsible administrative, secretarial and clerical assistance to Police division and Police Chief, ensuring effective and efficient office operations; to represent the City to the public and provide professional, courteous customer service at all times, and to perform related duties as assigned.
- Receives and responds accordingly to FOIA requests in a timely manner. Review officer reports and corrects for errors and appropriate information. Enters and retrieves computer data and information, including tickets, warrants, incident reports, and various other police records and reports; prints daily reports.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to an assigned supervisor, performing such duties as scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments, researching and compiling data for reports and studies, composing and/or preparing routine and confidential reports and correspondence, making travel and accommodations arrangements for staff, etc.
- Assists the supervisor in planning and implementing various department programs, activities and services as assigned.
- Composes, prepares, types, copies, files, processes, mails and/or transmits various documents, which may include forms, correspondence, memos, presentation materials, reports, agreements, press releases, etc.
- Attends meetings; prepares meeting agendas and packets; prepares and distributes meeting minutes; provides administrative and clerical support to various committees, commissions and boards as required.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Performs other routine clerical work, including but not limited to copying and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, preparing spreadsheets, assembling materials, ordering supplies, processing daily mail, maintaining lists, and logs, etc.
- Receives, researches, and respond to inquiries, requests for assistance and concerns from other City departments, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public; assists supervisor in coordinating department activities with those of other departments and agencies as appropriate.
Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in secretarial science, business or a closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
NCIC Certification preferred. Ability to obtain Certification within 6 months.
Requires over one year and up to and including two years.