Assistant Network Administrator
Applications Taken Until Position Filled
Salary Minimum $53,414 DUQ
Excellent Non State Benefits
Must Provide 10 Driving Record
Lead technical support contact for all City employees, including the Police Department. Candidate is responsible for providing installation and repair services- i.e. installing and servicing electronic security equipment such as: IP cameras, network video recorders, and wireless networks. Administer and maintain the various City Police databases and enterprise systems, including the design and deployment of new/updated database applications. Provide technical support, training and troubleshooting for staff; support computers, data systems, and managed services for the APD and other City departments as needed.
- Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance and needed repairs on monitoring equipment in the City. Serves as liaison with vendors concerning warranty issues.
- Responds to requests for service; performs diagnostic tests and repairs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Reports security systems that have been breached or compromised to the Information Technology Director.
- Records/preserves camera footage.
- Maintains inventory of repair parts and orders repairs as needed.
- Works with vendors and manufacturers to stay current with changes in industry standards.
- Assists with other technical security functions as assigned.
- Administer and maintain the various database and enterprise systems, including the design and deployment of new/updated database applications.
- Provide technical support, training, guidance, and resource support for end users and contracted clients.
- Creates and maintains user documentation and procedures that impact the use of application systems.
- Coordinate software development projects with vendors and service providers.
- Maintain directory services (Active Directory) user accounts.
- Configure devices for connection to network(s).
- Manages the City of Anderson’s Office 365 environment.
- Perform system and device installation within Police Department, its offsite locations, as required.
- Identify computer-related problems and provide solutions, via telephone, personal contact, or remote diagnosis, for City users (help desk, software and hardware questions).
- Interpret, assimilate and utilize technical information relative to networks, hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Configure, test and repair computer equipment peripherals (scanners, cameras, printers, etc.) as necessary; Provide technical assistance for users and devices.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Requires Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Three years of experience in Access Control/Security Camera installation and maintenance.
- The individual must be proficient and experienced in IP camera system, wireless networks, cable installation and fiber optics. Knowledge of networks and ability to diagnose and repair systems is a must.
- Any networking or security related certifications are a plus.
- Must be able to pass a SLED background check.
- Technical aptitude for computer equipment, especially relating to networks, servers, user devices, personal computing devices, and Macintosh and Windows Operating Systems.
- Excellent organizational, project planning, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and present demonstration material to groups and individuals.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to develop strong professional working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan effectively, set priorities, make sound decisions, and to manage/complete multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activity.
- Superior organizational skills, strong quality orientation, and high attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook[HD1] and custom applications.
- Strong ethical standards, reliability, professionalism, positive attitude, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.