Salary $42,050 DUQ
Open Until Filled
Excellent Non-State Benefits
- Coordinates, explains, enroll and administer the City’s employee benefit programs, including life, health and dental insurance programs, deferred compensation, disability insurance, retirement plans, and section 125; and to perform related administrative and clerical work as required.
- Processes all Workers Comp claims, provide wage reports, investigate, and coordinate with involved departments for follow-up. Coordinates claims reviews; reconcile claims payments; maintain claim files and database.
- Field complaints, claims, and requests from citizens, insurers, agents, and adjusters. Represent the City’s interests in hearings, mediation, and legal proceedings.
- Manage relationships with the insurance provider and City personnel.
- Processes payments for various accounts and funds.
- Develops and distributes communications to employees regarding benefits programs and related changes; conducts benefit orientations for all new employees.
- Researches troubleshoot and facilitate resolution of employee benefit problems.
- Maintains confidential employee benefit files and other required records; creates and maintains spreadsheets, databases and filing systems to track enrollments, transactions and coverage levels for benefit plans.
- Prepares various reports required by the City, insurance companies and other agencies.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of the City’s employee benefits program while protecting the financial interests of the City; conducts related studies and surveys, analyzes results and makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Authorizes Finance personnel to release funds to pay medical/dental, life and other benefits providers; investigates premium billing discrepancies as necessary.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or education in personnel administration, human resources administration, business administration or closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess or be able to obtain Notary Public certification within six months of employment.
Requires over four years and up to and including eight years.