ENTRY SALARY $31,487 DUQ
MUST SUBMIT 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems and equipment; to perform general carpentry and minor building construction and renovation work; to provide leadership of inmate workers as assigned, and to perform related work as required.
- Emphasis on vacuum plumbing system (E-vac System), ability to learn system within 6 months to troubleshoot and repair system, ability to maintain system efficiency.
- Performs general building maintenance and repair work in City buildings and facilities. Inspects systems and equipment for proper and safe working condition; initiates and/or notifies supervisor of maintenance and repair work required.
- Installs, maintains and repairs various plumbing systems and equipment, including but not limited to bathroom fixtures, water heaters/coolers, water lines, valves, drain lines, water fountains, etc. Installs, maintains and repairs electrical components and equipment, including but not limited to general electrical wiring, electrical outlets, switches, breakers, light fixtures, ballasts, circuits, security lights, ground lights, etc.; change light bulbs as needed.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses routine equipment and system problems; schedules and performs routine repair work or parts replacement. Performs general carpentry work for building construction/renovation as required. Sets up / breaks down rooms and facilities for meetings and events as requested.
- Assists contractors with projects as assigned. Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Orders and picks up parts and supplies from vendors as needed. Maintains assigned tools and equipment. Maintains accurate records on maintenance/repair work completed.
- Works under minimum supervision; evening and weekend hours on call. An expectation to respond to phone, text, and emails as required. Some work is in an enclosed, confine space.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Journeyman certification in at least one of the building trades is preferable.
Requires over two years and up to and including four years.