Website andersoncitysc City of Anderson
BUILDING & CODES DEPARTMENT
ENTRY SALARY $63,049 DUQ
MUST PROVIDE 10yr DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
- Supervises and participates in the enforcement of all adopted regulatory codes and ordinances pertaining to building construction, zoning, and related areas; and performs related administrative, supervisory, and technical work as required.
- Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in the inspection and enforcement of building, zoning, and related City codes and ordinances.
- Supervises subordinate staff; supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing, and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; assisting with the selection of new employees; acting on employee problems; recommending and approving employee discipline, and recommending discharge as appropriate.
- Assists in developing and implementing division policies and procedures. Assists in administering division budget; monitors and approves expenditures and prepares related reports.
- Serves as commercial building inspector; inspects new construction, alterations, and repairs of commercial and other structures to ensure structural safety and compliance with building codes; inspects existing structures for code compliance; prepares inspection reports; prepares and issues notices of correction and stop work orders as necessary.
- Reviews drawings and specifications for code compliance.
Requires Associate’s degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to the satisfactory completion of two years of college education with an emphasis in construction, construction inspection, code enforcement or a closely related field. Bachelor’s degree is preferable.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Must possess designation as a Certified Building Official.
Requires over four years and up to and including eight years.