SALARY $36,500 DUQ
Excellent Non-SC Retirement Plan
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD
OPEN UNTIL 4/12/2019
- Assists the Economic Development Division with plans and programs fostering the economic development and redevelopment of the City including a focus on the areas of recruitment, marketing and promotions, hospitality, events, and entrepreneurship.
- Organizes various downtown festivals and events. Responsible for the special event application process and attends special events to facilitate operations and respond to concerns.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the downtown and e-Merge Anderson web site(s) and social media platforms. Markets downtown activities and events through print and social media platforms.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the downtown and e-Merge Anderson web site(s) and social media platforms.
- Reserves and schedules all public and private event rentals at Carolina Wren Park; coordinates other city staff resources needed. Coordinates with the renter to define logistics and determine other special requirements. Prepares rental agreement and determines fees and terms of the agreement; collects rental fees. Participates in marketing and public relation efforts to inform the public about Carolina Wren Park.
- Assists downtown merchants in undertaking and achieving success in joint activities such as promotions, advertising, uniform store hours, special events, business recruiting, parking problem resolution, and related issues. Communicates with downtown stakeholders via e-mail, regular mail-outs, meetings and other formats as needed.
- Initiates conduct and or attends public meetings to discuss related programs and projects and to garner public support for such projects.
- Plans and coordinates the activities of the Hospitality Program and periodic downtown business meetings for updates and planning purposes. Develops and implements business retention workshops and seminars. Researches and manages grant funding for downtown promotions, events, and entrepreneurial programming.
- Develops and manages strategic entrepreneurial programs for business recruitment, job opportunities, growing the City’s tax base and workforce talent. Develops and conducts ongoing public awareness and marketing programs designed to support downtown development efforts.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints, and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Represents the department and City to various civic, professional, community and other organizations; participates as a member of various committees as appropriate; attends community/committee meetings, frequently at night. Interacts with City departments, committees, government and private entities, downtown businesses and property owners on downtown issues.
- Performs general administrative/clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, attending meetings, etc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration, marketing, business or a related field, or the equivalent in experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- 1-2 years of successful event planning and project management experience.
- Experience with social media, digital marketing and/or print and graphics advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing to a budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Stay current and up-to-date with the latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills, and education.
- Good interpersonal skills, communicates openly, honestly and respectfully.