Entry Salary $63,049 DUQ
Open Until Filled
EXCELLENT RETIREMENT & HEALTH BENEFITS
MUST PROVIDE 10 YR DRIVING RECORD
- Performs professional and technical work in current and long-range programs related to the development and implementation of land use and zoning plans and policies, capital improvements, infrastructure development and other City projects and programs.
- Develops and/or assists in the development and implementation of growth management, land use, zoning, infrastructure and other plans to meet the City’s needs.
- Prepares and presents project information and staff recommendations to supervisor, committees, commissions and other such groups as required.
- Confers with and advises engineers, developers, architects, surveyors, property owners and citizens in the coordination of planning projects and in the interpretation and enforcement of City ordinances.
- Evaluates land use proposals, development designs, subdivision plans, etc., for compliance with City, county, state and federal laws, regulations, codes and ordinances; evaluates the impact of development proposals and makes recommendations.
- Processes land use applications; coordinates process with applicants, technical consultants and other agencies; performs site evaluations for proposed land usage; interprets regulations and informs applicants of required actions.
- Researches, gathers, interprets and prepares data for planning and zoning studies, reports and recommendations; prepares a variety of studies, briefs and reports for decision-making and presentation purposes.
- Reviews, evaluates and updates the City’s development standards, land use and zoning ordinances, and comprehensive plan as necessary.
- Performs computer mapping using the GIS system.
- Receives, reviews and responds to all requests for street lights.
- May assist with zoning administration, including but not limited to reviewing and approving survey plats, home occupation applications and sign permits.
- Provides staff assistance to the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Board of Architectural Review.
- Assists in developing grant proposals for project / program funding, and in administering grant funds received.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance and concerns pertaining to City planning projects, regulations and ordinances.
- Participates in department marketing and public relations efforts.
- Maintains records pertinent to planning and development programs and projects.
- Assists in coordinating department activities and functions with those of other City departments, County and other outside agencies as appropriate.
- Performs routine administrative / clerical work as required, including entering and retrieving computer data, preparing spreadsheets, copying and filing documents, assembling materials, preparing reports and correspondence, etc.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc., to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to four years of college education in urban or regional planning or closely related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
American Institute of Certified Planners certification is desirable.
Requires over two years and up to and including four years.