Website andersoncitysc City of Anderson
CLERK OF COURT
ENTRY SALARY $40,220 DUQ
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
OPEN UNTIL 3/31/2023
- Provides leadership and performs responsible and specialized financial, administrative, and clerical work in support of the daily activities of the Municipal Court. The Clerk of Court will also ensure the proper collection and disbursement of court fees and fines and the preparation and maintenance of accurate and complete court records and financial reports.
- Supervise and coordinate the daily collections, financial, administrative, and clerical activities of the Municipal Court and Collections Office.
- Evaluate office procedures and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Establish and maintain case files. Prepare monthly state financial reports.
- Collect and record fees, fines, bonds, restitutions, and other payments. Issue refunds as required.
- Prepare, process, index, file, and submit/transmit court documents and records, which may include, but are not limited to, court journals, indexes, rules to show cause, court calendars, tickets and citations, pleadings, judgments, jury notices, docket sheets, jury lists, motions, appeals, sentence sheets, commitments, dispositions, trial sheets, court orders, subpoenas, summonses, court rosters, warrants, warrant dismissals, etc.
- Prepare reports, legal notices, correspondence, etc. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, and any other necessary reports.
- Ensure record security. Certify court documents.
- Enter case information into the computer record-keeping system and retrieve information as needed.
- Provide instruction and leadership of lower-level clerical staff as assigned.
- Greet and assist office visitors. Answer the telephone, provide accurate information as requested, forward calls to appropriate personnel, and take messages as needed.
- Requisition supplies and forms as needed.
Perform routine clerical work as required, including, but not limited to, attending/conducting meetings, preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, entering and retrieving computer data, processing daily mail, ordering office supplies, answering the telephone, etc.
Attend training sessions, meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Essential Skills and Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses, or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in office administration, court administration, legal studies, or a closely related field.
Possess two years of relevant work experience.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Possess two to four years of relevant work experience.