CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
MUST PROVIDE 10 DRIVING RECORD
ENTRY SALARY $37,206 DUQ
Excellent Non-SC Retirement Plan
OPEN UNTIL 2/19/2021
- Enforces the City’s codes and ordinances governing housing, property maintenance, and nuisances, and perform related work as assigned.
- Performs routine inspection and enforcement duties to ensure public compliance with applicable City codes and regulations.
- Receives and responds to citizen complaints regarding substandard housing conditions, unkempt properties, and nuisances.
- Identifies and confirms locations of unkempt properties; prepares and mails and/or delivers appropriate summonses to force the proper maintenance of properties; testifies in court in cases of non-compliance.
- Performs housing inspections to determine whether or not adequate living conditions are being met; reports unsanitary conditions to proper authorities.
- Issues courtesy and uniform ordinance summonses for non-compliance; follows up on each case to verify corrections have been made to comply with codes; attends court hearings and provides testimony as required.
- Explains, interprets, and provides guidance regarding applicable codes and compliance requirements to property owners and others.
- Informs and updates various City departments with project status as it may influence their operations, including but not limited to business licensing and site compliance issues.
- Maintains a variety of logs and records related to enforcement activities. Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs general clerical work as required, including preparing reports and records, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, attending meetings, answering the telephone, etc.
- Attends training, conferences, meetings, etc., to enhance job knowledge and skills and maintain certifications.
Requires a high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires a short demonstration up to and including one month.