CONCRETE FINISHER/CEMENT MASON
STREET DEPARTMENT PUBLIC WORKS
ENTRY SALARY $38,630 DUQ
OPEN UNTIL 8/11/2023
MUST PROVIDE 10 yr DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT RETIREMENT & BENEFITS
- Oversees the work of crew members and participate in the construction and maintenance of City streets, sidewalks, driveways, curb and gutters, catch basins, bridges and related structures; perform concrete preparation and finishing work; perform masonry work in the construction of brick and block structures.
- Oversees and performs concrete finishing work in the construction of sidewalks, curbs, gutters, and all other concrete projects.
- Oversees and performs masonry work in the construction of brick and block structures and all other masonry projects.
- Ensures completion of assigned projects in a timely, efficient manner. Ensures crew members receive guidance, assistance, and training as needed.
- Inspects daily operations and subordinates’ work for compliance with policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Receives, processes, and enters work orders utilizing the department’s asset management software.
- Prepares daily work records and reports as required. Assists in scheduling work assignments, and determines materials and equipment required for projects.
- Coordinates the use of available equipment for maximum utility and convenience; inspects equipment for safety before use.
- Supervises and participates in the proper maintenance of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Operates, or learns to operate various heavy equipment such as skid steer and backhoe, and any other equipment relevant to the position
- Uses various hand and power tools as necessary to complete daily tasks.
- May receive and respond to public inquiries, concerns, complaints, and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing records and reports, computerized data entry and retrieval, copying and filing records, etc.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in concrete finishing and cement masonry, or a closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Prefer a valid state CDL driver’s license with appropriate endorsements.
Requires three years or more experience in concrete finishing and/or concrete masonry.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires medium-to-heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, twisting, lifting, digging, pushing or raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dust and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, confined spaces, toxic/caustic chemicals, and heights.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, depth perception, and color perception.