Open until 9/21/2018
Salary $41,071 DUQ
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Leads one or more preventative maintenance crews to include scheduling; instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning the assessment of the wastewater collection system
- Maintains standards and coordinates the activities of others.
- Performs a variety of skilled duties involved in the inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and servicing of water distribution and wastewater collection equipment, components, facilities and machinery, such as pipes, tubes, rods, seals, shafts, stuffing boxes, gears, motors, bearings, couplings, valves and pumps; tests and monitors equipment and machinery for vibration, bearing temperature and output capacity.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs pumps, valves, motors and other equipment located in lift stations and other points within the wastewater collection and transmission system.
- Coordinates the construction, installation, inspection, maintenance, repair and/or rehabilitation of the City’s sanitary sewer system.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in construction, utility maintenance or a closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license. Must possess certifications in trenching and excavation, confined space entry, and CPR / First Aid. Class “A” Wastewater Collection System Operator certification is preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires over two years of customer based or related utility work which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.