Crew Worker I
Expected Salary $26,287 DUQ
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
Must Provide 10 YR Driving Record
- Performs routine semi-skilled and unskilled workers in the maintenance of ball fields, city parks, and recreation facilities, and performs related work as required.
- Maintains city ballfields and recreation facilities as assigned. Inspects facilities for safety; initiates and/or informs the supervisor of athletic facilities and repair work required.
- Performs general ballfield maintenance and repair work as required. Design, groom, and line ball fields as required. Removes debris and trash daily from ballfield and grounds as needed or instructed.
- Must be familiar with zero-turn mowers, weedeater, blowers, and similar equipment used on ball fields and grounds.
- Transports equipment and other items to and from work sites as directed.
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance from other department staff as necessary.
- This position may require evenings and weekends as determined by the recreation department administration.
Reports to Supervisor of Athletics Facilities.
Requires high school diploma, or GED equivalent.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
May require over one year and up to two years. Supervisor’s discretion.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires medium-to-heavy work that involved walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing or raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds or force on a recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.