CREW WORKER I
Salary $25,521 DUQ
Open Until 1/10/2020
Excellent Non State Retirement
- Performs unskilled work involved in the installation and maintenance of City grounds, and to perform related work as required. This class works according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Performs general groundskeeping work, including but not limited to preparing soil for planting, installing landscape materials, watering plants and trees, pruning trees and shrubbery, removing weeds, mowing grass, raking leaves, etc.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other chemicals as needed to ensure landscape health.
- Removes debris from sidewalks, streets and other paved surfaces.
- Maintains and cleans assigned tools and equipment. Operates vehicles, trucks and equipment such as a tiller, mower, weedeater, edger, blower, hedge trimmer, spray equipment and other power and hand tools as necessary to complete duties.
- Prepares accurate and up-to-date records of work completed.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
S.C. Pesticide Applicator’s license is desirable.
Requires some general grounds maintenance or manual labor work experience.