CREW WORKER I
Salary $25,521 DUQ
Open Until 10/23/2020
Excellent Non State Retirement
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled work involved in the installation and maintenance of City grounds, and to perform related work.
- Performs general grounds keeping work, including but not limited to preparing soil for planting, installing landscape materials, watering plants and trees, pruning trees and shrubbery, removing weeds, mowing grass, raking leaves, etc.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other chemicals as needed to ensure landscape health.
- Removes debris from sidewalks, streets and other paved surfaces.
- Maintains and cleans assigned tools and equipment.
- Operates vehicles, trucks and equipment such as a tiller, mower, weed eater, edger, blower, hedge trimmer, spray equipment and other power and hand tools as necessary to complete duties.
- Prepares accurate and up-to-date records of work completed.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a S.C. pesticide Applicator’s license.
- Requires over six months and up to and including one year of grounds keeping experience.