CREW WORKER I
Entry Salary $26,287.25 Open Until Filled
EXCELLENT RETIREMENT AND BENEFITS
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Collect and deposit garbage, trash and yard debris onto trucks, and performs other work.
- Rides on rear of garbage collection trucks on assigned residential and/or commercial routes.
- Collects yard waste, debris, and other materials and places material onto trucks.
- Collects and deposits curbside garbage into trucks.
- Operates hydraulic mechanisms for compressing and dumping refuse.
- Performs general manual labor tasks as required.
- Assists in maintaining assigned trucks and equipment.
- Performs duties in accordance with all division policies, procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers with various duties as required.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires instruction that is sufficient for satisfactory job performance; high school diploma or GED is preferred.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires a short demonstration up to and including one month.