Entry Salary $26,204 DUQ
EXCELLENT NON STATE RETIREMENT BENEFITS
OPEN UNTIL 1/17/2020
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Able to perform all maintenance and upkeep of existing and newly planted landscape areas. Prune trees and shrubs, plant trees and shrubs, remove and spray weeds, and install seed and sod. Repair broken irrigation pipes and replace irrigation heads. Plant and maintain annual color beds. Fertilize trees, shrubs, and flowers. Must enjoy the outdoors and working in all weather conditions. An interest in trees and shrubs a must.
- [50%] Maintenance and upkeep of existing and newly planted landscape areas. Installation and removal of plant material. Proper pruning and fertilization practices. Must be familiar with tools used in the performance of these duties.
- [40%] Able to perform work needed in in any new construction of landscape areas, trees, shrubs, sod, irrigation.
- [5%] Maintain and operate the use of equipment used in these duties.
- [5%] Actively participates in all safety aspects that meet with the city standards
- Performs routine grounds maintenance work as assigned. Basic lawn care, trimming limbs. May operate equipment such as lawn mowers, weed-eaters, pressure washer, etc.
- Transports equipment and other items to and from work sites as directed.
- Maintains and performs minor repairs of department vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and submits various records and reports as required.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance, concerns and complaints in areas of responsibility.
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
One year of horticultural or related field experience.