Open Until Filled
Starting Salary $44,326 DUQ Excellent Non-State Retirement Plan
- Performs a variety of complex professional analyses, including geographical mapping analyses, of relative crime information. Collects, analyze, prepares and disseminates information relative to crime patterns and trend correlations to assist operational personnel in the police department.
- May require evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze, prepare, and disseminate analytical data and other information relevant to crime series, trends, patterns and suspect information to enhance proactive and reactive law enforcement capabilities.
- Performs geographical mapping analyses relevant to crime, trends, patterns, and perpetrators. The successful candidate should be familiar and experienced with Compstat or a similar statistical program.
- Works with the Investigation, Uniform and Administrative Operations divisions to identify, evaluate, and report upon major criminal activities, crime patterns, and crime trends in order to analyze relevant data and produce crime bulletins, crime patterns and suspect profile information.
- Identifies crime patterns utilizing daily case review, computer information and crime statistics comparisons.
- Advises appropriate personnel of crime patterns and anticipated criminal activity.
- Assists in the gathering of data for weekly statistical meetings and monthly reports.
- Assists operational and administrative personnel in planning the deployment of resources for the prevention and suppression of criminal activities, aiding the investigative process and increasing apprehensions and the clearance of cases.
- Coordinates analysis activities with other City departments and outside agencies.
- Responds to requests regarding crime analysis information relating to specific investigations.
- Prepares and distributes reports, charts, publications and related material to track, display and explain findings and report on crime analysis activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent in public or business administration, criminal justice, information management or related field; and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word or similar software; ArcMap and Geographic Information System (GIS) concepts and functions.