Crew Worker I
Entry Salary $25,521 DUQ
EXCELLENT NON STATE RETIREMENT BENEFITS
OPEN UNTIL 1/17/2020
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled work in the maintenance of City parks and recreational facilities. Maintains City parks, recreational facilities and/or ball fields as assigned.
- Inspects parks and related facilities for safety; initiates and/or informs supervisor of maintenance and repair work required.
- Performs general building maintenance and repair work as required, including basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical work.
- Constructs and/or assembles, installs, maintains and repairs playground equipment, picnic tables, fencing and other park structures.
- Paints facilities and other structures.
- Performs routine grounds maintenance work as assigned. Basic lawn care, trimming limbs. May operate equipment such as lawn mowers, weed-eaters, pressure washer, etc.
- Removes debris and trash from grounds and facilities.
- Transports equipment and other items to and from work sites as directed.
- Maintains and performs minor repairs of department vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and submits various records and reports as required.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance, concerns and complaints in areas of responsibility.
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Work experience preferred but not required.