ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
ENTRY SALARY $30,000 DUQ
OPEN UNTIL 7/23/2021
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Performs routine-to-complex office management duties specialized accounting and administrative work in support of the Economic Development Division programs and activities.
- Provides administrative support to the Economic Development Division, performing such duties as scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments, researching and compiling applicable reports and studies, composing and preparing confidential reports or correspondence.
- Establishes and maintains accurate and complete fiscal records for the division, ensuring all activities and necessary documentation is in compliance with applicable policies.
- Issues check requisitions, proofs invoices to ensure accuracy before payment, resolves invoice or payment discrepancies with vendors and finance department as needed.
- Processes various forms such as timesheets, vendor payments, monthly purchasing card statement reconciliation.
- Gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations.
- Attends and provides staff assistance in development meetings and work sessions as needed.
- Assists with event application process and event production as needed. Assists with scheduling presenters for programming events; as well as coordination of drinks/coffee/refreshments for attendees.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Downtown Anderson and City of Anderson Economic Development websites.
- Maintains the available properties database on City of Anderson Economic Development website; obtains most current information about available property information.
- Assists with Marketing goals of the Division as it relates to Special Events and Development activities.
- Assists Division staff in coordinating and implementing various Division programs, activities and services as assigned.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Reserves and schedules all public and private event rentals at Carolina Wren Park; coordinates other city staff resources needed. Coordinates with the renter to define logistics and determine other special requirements. Prepares rental agreement and determines fees and terms of the agreement; collects rental fees. Participates in marketing and public relation efforts to inform the public about Carolina Wren Park.
- Performs general administrative work as required, including preparing reports and correspondence, entering and retrieving computer data, preparing spreadsheets, preparing presentations, reviewing mail and literature, attending meetings, answering the telephone, copying and filing documents, sending and receiving scans, etc.
- Attends training, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc., to maintain awareness of legislation, opportunities, trends and technology related to Economic Development planning and implementation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to four years of college education in urban or regional planning, public administration or a closely related field.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires over two years and up to and including four years of experience.
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Proficiency in Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, etc) will be a beneficial asset to the Division.
Ability to independently and creatively design pamphlets, brochures, flyers, and fact sheets.