Open until 1/21/2019
Salary $31,487 DUQ
Excellent Benefits, Non-State Retirement System
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
The Mechanic will perform skilled mechanical repair work on City-owned diesel and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, and other light-to-heavy equipment. The Mechanic will ensure that repaired vehicles run properly and safely and will perform preventive maintenance on such equipment as scheduled.
- Diagnose and perform mechanical repair work on diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment, including repairing or replacing engines, fuel injection systems, electronic engine controls, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brake systems, HVAC systems, computer systems, drivetrains, differentials, etc.
- Repair emergency services and law enforcement vehicles. Install and maintain specialized equipment on emergency vehicles as necessary.
- Perform welding and fabrication work as needed.
- Perform bodywork and painting as needed.
- Perform a variety of preventive maintenance duties as scheduled, including changing oil, lubricating, replacing hoses and belts, replacing brakes, checking lights, and tuning engines. Change and repair tires on vehicles.
- Conduct road tests after repair work is completed to ensure that all vehicles are mechanically safe and function properly. Provide emergency field assistance to disabled vehicles. Operate rollback/wrecker to transport broken down vehicles.
- Install decals, striping, and logos to all City vehicles.
- Assist in ordering and receiving parts and supplies as needed. Review work orders to ensure repairs are completed correctly and in a timely manner. Maintain records of work completed and parts used.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess two years of relevant work experience.
- Copy, transcribe, enter, and post data/information.
- Safely operate and repair complex machinery or equipment that requires extended training and experience, such as vehicles, trucks, emergency vehicles, and other mechanical equipment (may involve installation, testing, and operations of limited scope).
- Perform skilled work involving rules/systems with almost constant problem-solving.
- Read and use technical instructions, procedures, manuals, and charts to solve practical problems.
EOE Disclaimer All applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, physical, or mental ability.