Website andersoncitysc City of Anderson
MEO I CEMETERY
ENTRY SALARY $34,592 DUQ
OPEN UNTIL 5/5/2023
MUST PROVIDE 10 yr DIRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
Performs daily duties in opening and closing graves, cutting grass, trimming hedges, setting stones and installing foundations for said stones, trimming trees, raking leaves, maintaining the overall appearance of the cemetery.
- Operates equipment to excavate and compact earth, load and unload materials, move and haul materials, cut down and remove trees, mow grass, and perform other general or specialized functions.
- Operates a variety of light to heavy equipment which may include trucks, trailers, backhoes, tractors, excavators, skid steers, bush hogs, trenchers, remote packers, mowers (Zero Turn), grass trimmers, backpack and handheld blowers, edger, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, demolition hammers, utility trailers, shovels, rakes, hoes, spray equipment, and any other hand or powered equipment required to perform duties.
- Correctly locates grave spaces, based on cemetery records and burial orders.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working conditions; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining assigned trucks and equipment; performs cleaning, preventive maintenance, and simple repair work as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records as required.
- Assists the public with questions regarding the cemetery.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other chemicals as needed.
- Hauls materials and equipment to and from work sites.
- Performs general manual labor tasks as required.
- Performs duties in accordance with all department policies, procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Prefer a valid state CDL driver’s license.
Requires some general maintenance, construction or manual labor work experience.
Skills in the operation of the listed tools and equipment.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, stand walk, use hands, operate objects, tools, and reach with hands and arms.
Requires heavy work that involves constantly lifting, pushing or raising objects, exerting between 50 and 75 pounds of force on a recurring basis and over 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, knell, crouch, or crawl, and smell
The job risks exposure to bright/dim light, dust and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, toxic/caustic chemicals, disease/pathogens, confined spaces.
Employee may occasionally work in storm conditions when job requires.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, color perception, depth perception.