City of Anderson
3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE (1 in each listing)
- MEO I – ENTRY SALARY $29,949 DUQ
- MEO II – ENTRY SALARY $32,195 DUQ
- MEO III – ENTRY SALARY $34,610 DUQ
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT BENEFITS NON STATE RETIREMENT
Open Until 5/7/2021
- Motor equipment operators perform duties that are primarily related to operating heavy equipment, maintaining assigned equipment and performing other work as required. Heavy equipment operated will vary by area of assignment. Motor equipment operators work according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Motor Equipment Operator I – (MEO I) is an entry-level motor equipment operator position that involves operating equipment including but not limited to truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. GVWR, front-end loaders, flailmowers and other equipment as directed.
- Motor Equipment Operator II – (MEO II) requires experience in the operation of truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. GVWR, front-end loaders, and a combination of two or more of the following types of equipment; leaf vacuum equipment; (STREETS) asphalt patching equipment, backhoes, excavators, motor graders, mowers, skid-steers, bucket trucks, remote packers and other equipment as directed. One (1) year of experience as a MEO I, including six (6) months of relevant training and/or experience is preferred.
- Motor Equipment Operator III – (MEO III) requires experience in the operation of truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. GVWR, front-end loaders, leaf vacuum equipment; and ( (STREETS) asphalt patching equipment, backhoes, excavators, motor graders, mowers, skid-steers, bucket trucks, remote packers, trackhoes, motor graders, excavators and other equipment as directed. Three (3) years of experience as a MEO II, including one (1) year of relevant training and/or experience is preferred.
- Operates trucks and other equipment to excavate and compact earth, load/unload materials and equipment, move/haul materials and equipment, cut down/remove trees, install pipe, construct roads, construct catch basins and other drainage structures, mow grass along roadsides, and perform other general or specialized functions of the Street Department.
- May operate trucks in the collection of City garbage and trash.
- Participates in a variety of skilled maintenance activities in assigned area of responsibility, which may include but is not limited to: performing repairs to landscaping and/or asphalt, street repairs, grass cutting and weed-eating, etc.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers with various duties as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete work, mileage and fuel records as required.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Responds to after-hours callbacks as needed to assist in clearing roads, drains, etc. as necessary.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
High school diploma, G.E.D, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules, practices, and traffic laws.
- Experience in semi-skilled manual labor and the use, operation, and maintenance of heavy diesel or gasoline-powered equipment and trucks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the safe operation of heavy equipment in rough, uneven, or slippery ground conditions.
- Knowledge of geography within the city limits of Anderson, SC.