Website andersoncitysc City of Anderson
MEO I, II, III STREETS
OPEN UNTIL: 5/26/23
ENTRY SALARY: $34,592 DUQ
MUST PROVIDE A 10-YEAR DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
The position of MEO (Motor Equipment Operator) I, II, III in the Streets Department involves operating trucks and other equipment for various tasks within the Streets Division. Responsibilities include:
- Excavating and compacting earth.
- Loading and unloading materials.
- Moving and hauling materials.
- Cutting down and removing trees.
- Installing pipes.
- Constructing roads and drainage structures.
- Mowing grass along roadsides.
- Performing general or specialized functions related to street maintenance.
The MEO can operate a range of equipment including dump trucks, flail mowers, skid steers, bush hogs, asphalt rollers, tractors, remote packers, trenchers, bucket trucks, side arm mowers, backhoes, front-end loaders, excavators, and motor-graders, among others.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- CDL Class A or B license.
- Manual loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles.
- Use of hand and power tools for various manual tasks.
- Clearing roads and drains during inclement weather.
- Potential operation of trucks for city garbage collection.
- Inspection of equipment for safety and functionality, reporting defects or maintenance needs to the supervisor.
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Adherence to applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and safety standards.
- Accurate and complete maintenance of work records.
- Attendance of training and workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE PREPARATION:
- High school diploma, GED equivalent, or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; CDL required, or ability to obtain CDL within 6 months of employment.
- One year of experience operating trucks and/or heavy equipment.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT REQUIREMENTS PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Heavy work involves constant lifting, pushing, or raising objects, exerting between 50 and 75 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and over 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- Potential exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights, toxic/caustic chemicals.
- Normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, and depth perception.