ENTRY SALARY $29,949 DUQ
EXCELLENT NON STATE RETIREMENT & HEALTH BENEFITS
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
Open Until 5/14/2021
- Motor equipment operators perform duties that are primarily related to operating heavy equipment, maintaining assigned equipment and performing other work as required. Heavy equipment operated will vary by area of assignment. Motor equipment operators work according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Motor Equipment Operator I – (MEO I) is an entry level motor equipment operator position that involves operating equipment including but not limited to truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. GVWR, front-end loaders, flail-mowers and other equipment as directed.
- Performs a wide variety of activities in support of the collection of residential and commercial garbage and trash, operates knuckle-boom loaders, operates truck equipped with vacuum directs traffic approaching work areas, etc.
Completes specific routes on schedule.
- Operates a variety of light to heavy equipment at assigned job sites, which may include dump trucks, tandem axle truck/trailers, knuckle-boom loaders, garbage collection equipment, front-end loaders, skid steers, back hoes, leaf vacuum trucks/trailers, street sweepers, etc. Motor equipment operators may also operate snow removal equipment to maintain streets, sidewalks and driveways; may spread sand and salt on roadways / walkways as necessary in inclement weather.
- Participates in a variety of skilled maintenance activities in assigned area of responsibility, which may include but is not limited to: collection of residential and commercial garbage and trash, traffic control, etc.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers with various duties as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete work, mileage and fuel records as required.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- High school diploma, G.E.D, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules, practices and traffic laws.
- Experience in semi-skilled manual labor and the use, operation and maintenance of heavy diesel or gasoline powered equipment and trucks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the safe operation of heavy equipment in rough, uneven, or slippery ground conditions.
- Knowledge of the geography within the city limits of Anderson, SC.