MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
ENTRY SALARY $29,949 DUQ
Open Until 2/26/2021
- Drive and operates trucks and other equipment in the collection and transportation of residential and commercial garbage and trash; to maintain assigned equipment, and to perform other work as required.
- Operates packer-type truck equipped with trailer to collect garbage and trash; transports loads to disposal location.
- Drives and operates truck equipped with vacuum to collect leaves and transport to disposal location.
- Directs traffic approaching work areas.
- May operate snow removal equipment to maintain streets, sidewalks and driveways; may spread sand and salt on roadways / walkways as necessary in inclement weather.
- Completes specific routes on schedule.
- Manually loads / unloads materials onto vehicles as needed.
- Uses hand and power tools in various manual tasks as required.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers with various duties as required.
Requires high school diploma, GED equivalent or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license with appropriate endorsements.
Requires six months to one year of experience as an equipment operator.