STORM WATER DIVISION
ENTRY SALARY $34,610
Open Until 5/14/2021
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT NON STATE BENEFITS
- Motor equipment operators perform duties that are primarily related to operating heavy equipment, maintaining assigned equipment and performing other work as required. Heavy equipment operated will vary by area of assignment. Motor equipment operators work according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Requires experience in the operation of truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. GVWR; street sweepers, jet-rodders, backhoes, excavators.
- Participates in a variety of skilled maintenance activities in assigned area of responsibility, which may include but is not limited to: maintenance of storm drainage systems.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs a wide variety of activities in support of drainage maintenance, which includes but is not limited to: installing, inspecting and maintaining inlet boxes, pipes, flumes, head walls, culverts, ditches; operating street sweepers, jet rodders, and other equipment as directed to maintain storm drainage systems and City maintained right-of-ways.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers with various duties as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete work, mileage and fuel records as required.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Responds to after-hours callbacks as needed to assist in clearing roads, drains, etc. as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be have a CDL license.