MUST SUBMIT 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
MOTOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
SALARY $32,195 DUQ
OPENED UNTIL 10/25/2019
- Operates trucks and heavy equipment in the maintenance and/or construction of City streets and infrastructure; to maintain assigned equipment, and to perform other work as required.
- Operates trucks and heavy equipment to excavate and compact earth, load / unload materials, move / haul materials, cut down / remove trees, install pipe, construct roads, construct catch basins and other drainage structures, mow grass along roadsides, and perform other general or specialized functions of the Streets Division.
- Operates dump trucks and other trucks, front-end loaders, skid steers, bush hogs, back hoes, rollers, trailers, tractors, trenchers, etc.
- Manually loads / unloads materials onto vehicles. Uses hand and power tools in various manual tasks as required.
- Clears roads, drains, etc., as necessary in inclement weather.
- May operate trucks in the collection of City garbage.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Provides leadership to or assists co-workers with various duties as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records as required.
- Attends training, workshops, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED equivalent or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license with appropriate endorsements.
Requires two years of experience operating heavy equipment.