Open Until 9/2/2022
Entry Salary $54,558 DUQ
Must Provide 10 YR Driving Record
EXCELLENT EMPLOYER PROVIDE RETIREMENT & HEALTH BENEFITS
- Plans, directs and supervises the daily operations of the Sanitation Division, including residential collection and to perform other administrative and supervisory work.
- Plan, organize and direct the programs and activities of the Solid Waste Division, including residential collection.
- Supervise assigned staff; duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems; approving and implementing employee discipline, and recommending discharge as appropriate.
- Review the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluate performance and make recommendations as appropriate; offer advice and assistance as needed.
- Provide for adequate staff training opportunities.
- Develop and administer the division budget; ensure effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time.
- Develop and implement division policies and procedures.
- Evaluate City solid waste management needs and formulates plans to meet those needs in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze division schedules and workloads; schedule employee leave; make adjustments as necessary to ensure optimum productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure the timely completion of work orders.
- Inspect daily operations and subordinates’ work for compliance with policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Perform duties of subordinates as required to ensure completion of daily operations.
- Approve the requisition of and ensure the proper maintenance of all department supplies, tools, equipment and vehicles; develop specifications for new vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Meet with citizens to discuss and resolve problems associated with division operations and projects, and participates in efforts to increase public awareness, understanding and support of division operations.
- Prepare a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes and as required by the City and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate division activities and functions with those of other City divisions, departments, municipalities and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Receive and respond to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Perform general administrative / clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, answering the telephone, etc.
- Attend training, meetings, conferences, seminars, etc., as appropriate to maintain awareness of current and new trends, technology and legislation pertaining to solid waste management operations and administration.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Requires Associate’s degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to the satisfactory completion of two years of college education with an emphasis in management, industrial management, public works management or a closely related field.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Preferred a valid CDL license.
- Requires over two years and up to and including four years. Or other applicable experience.
- Requires planning or directing others in the sequence of major activities and reporting on operations and activities which are very broad in scope.