SALARY $43,917 DUQ
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Excellent Retirement & Great Benefits
MUST PROVIDE 10 YR DRIVING RECORD
The Kitchen Manager will oversee day-to-day operations of the shared kitchen and assist small food business entrepreneurs in using the production space, utilizing program resources, and navigating the start-up business process. This position will provide hands-on support and guidance to future users including food truck owners, caterers, bakers, agribusinesses, chefs, and value-added producers as they work to scale successful wholesale and retail food businesses. The focus of this role includes assisting start-ups as they begin operating in our facility, advising on equipment usage, production scaling and streamlining, effective inventory management, and similar processes to help them strengthen production. This role is responsible for ensuring facilities are clean, and maintained, the management of scheduling and billing processes for the kitchens and storage users, as well as coordinating with regulatory agencies to manage inspections and ensure compliance. This is a hands-on role that requires strong culinary, operations, and organizational skills, as well as knowledge of food production and food safety fundamentals. The ideal candidate has an excellent ability to communicate, prioritize, and collaborate in a fast-moving environment and effectively manage and support multiple independent food businesses.
- Develop plans and strategies for the operation of the City of Anderson Shared Kitchen
- Develop policy and procedure manual for kitchen users which includes fee structure, code of conduct, and other pertinent information
- Manage day-to-day operations, including but not limited to scheduling kitchen users, collecting fees/dues as appropriate, overseeing cold, frozen, and dry storage usage, recording it for monthly billing, and managing usage to limit long-term or idle storage.
- Ensure user adherence to food code and food safety practices
- Onsite accessibility to guide users as needed to advise on processes and equipment used during reasonable office hours
- Implementation of a “Check out” system to ensure proper clean-up by users
- Serve as the point of contact for necessary communications and site visits with state, local, and federal regulatory agencies regarding shared kitchen activities and the coordination of required inspections
- Participate in new kitchen user recruiting and interview process, provide training on Shared Kitchen Standard Operating Procedures, equipment usage, cleaning protocols, member expectations, etc.
- Provide high-quality, timely customer service and technical support as needed
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant/related field (preferred)
- Highly organized with excellent time and space management skills (required)
- At least 2 years of professional kitchen experience and/or culinary training (preferred)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (required)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment (required)
- Knowledge of DHEC guidelines and safe food handling practices