Traffic Signal Tech I
Sign and Signal Department
Entry Salary $38,630 DUQ
Open Until 11/10/23
MUST PROVIDE 10yr DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT RETIREMENT & BENEFITS
- Performs semi-skilled technical work in the installation, maintenance and repair electrical and electronically controlled traffic signal devices and systems; to assist in installing, maintaining and repairing traffic signs and markings.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces traffic signal equipment as needed; diagnoses and replaces faulty electronic components.
- Connects power to traffic signals.
- Designs, fabricates, installs, repairs and maintains traffic signs and markings.
- Repairs and replaces high-pressure lighting and ballast for overhead lighting.
- Hangs street banners to promote City events; installs holiday lighting along streets.
- Performs all duties in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, City policies and procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
- Operates bucket trucks, derrick and other vehicles; uses hand and power tools; maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed work records and reports.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to completing records and forms, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, etc.
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, etc., as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license. Candidate must obtain CDL within 6 months of hire.
IMSA Level I certification required; work zone certification required; may be required to obtain technical certifications as deemed necessary by supervisor. Candidate must obtain IMSA within 2 years of hire.
Requires one to two years of related work experience.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires medium-to-heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, reaching, lifting, digging, pushing or raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, adverse weather conditions, wetness and humidity, traffic, extreme noise levels, vibration, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights.
The job requires normal visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, color perception.