Open Until 3/1/2019
Starting Salary $33,848 DUQ
Excellent Benefits, Non-State Retirement System
Must Submit 10 Year Driving Record
- The purpose of the class is to perform semi-skilled technical work in the installation, maintenance, and repair electrical and electronically controlled traffic signal devices and systems; to assist in installing, maintaining and repairing traffic signs and markings.
- Installs and maintains electrical and electronic equipment associated with the City traffic signal system.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces traffic signal equipment as needed; diagnoses and replaces faulty electronic components.
- Connects power to traffic signals. Designs, fabricates, installs, repairs and maintains traffic signs and markings.
- Repairs and replaces high-pressure lighting and ballast for overhead lighting.
- Hangs street banners to promote City events; installs holiday lighting along streets.
- Operates bucket trucks, derrick, and other vehicles; uses hand and power tools; maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed work records and reports. Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to completing records and forms, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, etc.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license, or obtain one within 6 months of hiring.
- IMSA Level I certification required; work zone certification required; may be required to obtain technical certifications as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Requires one to two years of related work experience.
EOE Disclaimer: All applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, physical, or mental ability.