UTILITIES TECH I-IV SEWER DEPARTMENT
ENTRY SALARY $30,848 DUQ
EXCELLENT BENEFITS NON STATE RETIREMENT
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- The Utilities Technician is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining and repairing the wastewater collection system and components, and to perform related technical work as required.
- Carries out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance, and repair of sewer system components.
- Installs sewer taps, lines, and manholes.
- Maintains sewer lines.
- Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing pumps, values, motors and other equipment located in lift stations and other points within wastewater collection system.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, carrying heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves and fittings together, etc.
- Inspects contractor work to ensure compliance with City of Anderson specifications.
- Inspects and assists in the repair of wastewater pump stations and force main.
- Repairs properties after work is completed.
- Uses various technology including tablets, phones, and computers to complete tasks.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors, and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Clears and mows city properties, rights-of-way, and easements.
- Works on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
Essential Skills and Experience
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of employment.
Requires the ability to progress through Wastewater Collection Certifications.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
First Aid / CPR certification
Trenching and shoring certification
Confined space entry certification