Website andersoncitysc City of Anderson
UTILITIES TECH I-IV WASTEWATER DEPARTMENT
ENTRY SALARY: $34,590
DUQ No Certification
EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT
OPEN UNTIL: 5/26/2023
MUST PROVIDE A 10-YEAR DRIVING RECORD
The Utilities Technician is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, and repairing the wastewater collection system and components, and performing related technical work as required. The main responsibilities of this role include:
– Carrying out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance, and repair of sewer system components.
– Installing sewer taps, lines, and manholes.
– Maintaining sewer lines.
– Assisting in installing, maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing pumps, valves, motors, and other equipment located in lift stations and other points within the wastewater collection system.
– Operating a wide variety of heavy and light construction/specialized equipment to perform duties such as digging, carrying heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves, and fittings together, etc.
– Inspecting contractor work to ensure compliance with the City of Anderson specifications.
– Inspecting and assisting in the repair of wastewater pump stations and force main.
– Repairing properties after work is completed.
– Using various technology including tablets, phones, and computers to complete tasks.
– Cleaning and maintaining assigned vehicles and equipment.
– Performing all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
– Receiving and responding to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors, and the general public in areas of responsibility.
– Preparing and submitting detailed work records and reports.
– Attending training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
– Clearing and mowing city properties, rights-of-way, and easements.
– Working on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
Essential Skills and Experience:
– High school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training.
– Valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of employment.
– Ability to progress through Wastewater Collection Certifications.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
– First Aid / CPR certification.
– Trenching and shoring certification.
– Confined space entry certification.