UTILITIES TECH I-IV WATER/SEWER DEPARTMENT
ENTRY SALARY $30,848 DUQ
EXCELLENT BENEFITS NON STATE RETIREMENT
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
The Utilities Technician is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining and repairing the water distribution system and/or sewer collection system components, and to perform related technical work as required.
- Carries out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance, and repair of water and/or sewer system components.
- Installs water and/or sewer taps, lines, and manholes. Maintains valves, hydrants, water lines, and sewer lines.
- Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing water meters and sewer cleanouts.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, craning heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves and fittings together, etc.
- Inspects contractor work to ensure compliance with City of Anderson specifications.
- Inspects and assists in the repair of water and/or wastewater pump stations and force main.
- Repairs properties after work is completed.
- Uses various technology including tablets, phones, and computers to complete tasks.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors, and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Clears and mows city properties, rights-of-way, and easements.
- Works on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of employment.
- Requires the ability to progress through Water Distribution and/or Wastewater Collection Certifications.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Trenching and shoring certification
- Confined space entry certification