ENTRY SALARY $29,290 DUQ
Excellent Non-SC Retirement Plan
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD
OPEN UNTIL 4/12/2019
- Responsible for installing, testing, maintaining and repairing the water distribution system and/or sewer collection system components, and to perform related technical work as required. Works according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Carries out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance, and repair of water and/or sewer system components. Installs water and/or sewer taps, lines, and manholes.
- Maintains valves, hydrants, water lines, and sewer lines. Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing and/or replacing water meters and sewer cleanouts.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, craning heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves and fittings together, etc.
- Inspects contractor work to ensure compliance with the City of Anderson specifications. Inspects and assists in the repair of water and/or wastewater pump stations and forcemain. Repairs properties after work is completed.
- Uses various technology including tablets, phones, and computers to complete tasks. Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports. Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Essential Skills and Experience
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of hire.
Requires the ability to progress through Water Distribution and/or Wastewater Collection Certifications.