APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD WITH APPLICATION
STARTING SALARY $29,290 DUQ
Open Until 8/24/2018
- Perform semi-skilled technical and unskilled manual work in the construction, installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of the City’s sanitary sewer system.
- Participates as a crew member in the construction/installation of manholes and sewer lines. Locates and uncovers manholes.
- Assists in making sewer taps. Assists in inspecting sewer mains, manholes, sewer taps, service lines and grease traps for maintenance needs.
- Assists with the operation of closed circuit television equipment to inspect sewer lines.
- Assists with general maintenance work, including cleaning out manholes and sewer lines, assisting with manhole and service line repairs, locating and repairing sewer leaks, clearing vegetation and debris from right-of-ways, digging and backfilling ditches, etc.
- Loads maintenance and construction materials onto / off of trucks.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records.
- Operates vehicles and heavy equipment such as a TV truck, bobcat, backhoe, front end loader, bush hog, tractor, dump trucks, trailers; operates gas detectors, vacuum equipment, air compressor, pumps, generators, general hand and power tools.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Works on-call on a rotating basis as scheduled.
- Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license; obtain CDL license within 1 yr of employment.
Must possess certifications in trenching and excavation, confined space entry, and CPR and First Aid.
Class “D” Collection System certification is desirable.