ENTRY SALARY $35,714 DUQ
MUST PROVIDE 10 yr DRIVING RECORD
EXCELLENT BENEFITS & RETIREMENT
- Installs, tests, maintains, and repairs water distribution system components, and performs related technical work.
- Repairs water leaks. Installs water taps. Maintains water valves. Flushes fire hydrants and water lines.
- Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing water meters.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, craning heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves, and fittings together, etc.
- Repairs properties after work are completed.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors, and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training.
Prefer Water Distribution License D.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license; must be able to obtain a CDL license.
First Aid / CPR certifications, trenching and shoring certifications, and confined space entry certifications are desirable.
Six month to one year of construction or water experience.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires medium-to-heavy work that involves walking, standing, climbing, stooping, crouching, bending, reaching, lifting, digging, pushing or raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, dust and pollen, animals/wildlife, traffic, moving machinery, and electrical shock.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, depth perception, color perception.