Hourly Rate $14.08 DOQ
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Carries out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance, and repair of water system components. Repairs water leaks. Installs water taps. Maintains water valves. Flushes fire hydrants and water lines. Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing and/or replacing water meters. Tests meters for accuracy.
- Locates, uncovers and raises meters. Connects, disconnects and/or locks meters as ordered. Repairs and/or replaces meters as necessary; pumps out and cleans out meter boxes. Re-reads meters as requested.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, craning heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves and fittings together, cutting concrete and asphalt, etc. Repairs properties after work is completed.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment. Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance from customers, contractors and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports. Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills. Works on-call on a rotating basis as scheduled.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED. The successful candidate must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a valid state CDL driver’s license within one (1) year of employment, a Class “A” Water Distribution license, certifications in backflow prevention, CPR, trenching and shoring, and confined space entry. Requires instruction that is sufficient for satisfactory job performance.
NOTE: JOB REQUIRES WORKING ON-CALL SHIFTS, AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS AND EMERGENCY DUTIES. BEING ON STAND-BY FOR RELIEF DUTIES AND SPECIAL NEEDS DURING EMERGENCIES IS EXPECTED.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT 10 YEAR CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD WITH APPLICATION