MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
Water Line Technician 1-4
ENTRY SALARY $14.40 HR DUQ
Excellent Non SC Retirement Plan
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Carries out daily assignments involving the installation, maintenance and repair of water and/or sewer system components.
- Installs water and/or sewer taps, lines, and manholes.
- Maintains valves, hydrants, water lines and sewer lines.
- Assists in installing, maintaining, repairing and/or replacing water meters and sewer cleanouts.
- Operates a wide variety of heavy and light construction / specialized equipment to perform such duties as digging, craning heavy objects, backfilling ditches, grading, clearing, probing for utility lines, tamping ditches, bolting valves and fittings together, etc.
- Inspects contractor work to ensure compliance with City of Anderson specifications.
- Inspects and assists in the repair of water and/or wastewater pump stations and forcemain.
- Repairs properties after work is completed.
- Uses various technology including tablets, phones, and computers to complete tasks.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints and requests for assistance from customers, contractors and the general public in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits detailed work records and reports.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
This position requires High School Diploma or GED.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
The successful candidate must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a valid state CDL driver’s license within one (1) year of employment, a Class “A” Water Distribution license, certifications in backflow prevention, CPR, trenching and shoring, and confined space entry. Requires instruction that is sufficient for satisfactory job performance.
JOB REQUIRES WORKING ON-CALL SHIFTS, AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS AND EMERGENCY DUTIES. BEING ON STAND-BY FOR RELIEF DUTIES AND SPECIAL NEEDS DURING EMERGENCIES IS EXPECTED.