SALARY $11.50 hr
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
The purpose of the class is to perform unskilled work involved in the installation and maintenance of City grounds and to perform related work as required.
- Performs general groundskeeping work, including but not limited to preparing the soil for planting, installing landscape materials, watering plants and trees, pruning trees and shrubbery, removing weeds, mowing grass, raking leaves, etc.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other chemicals as needed to ensure landscape health.
- Removes debris from sidewalks, streets and other paved surfaces.
- Maintains and cleans assigned tools and equipment.
- Operates vehicles, trucks, and equipment such as a tiller, mower, weedeater, edger, blower, hedge trimmer, spray equipment and other power and hand tools as necessary to complete duties.