Entry Salary $11.73 HR DUQ
Open Until 1/25/2019
MUST PROVIDE 10 DRIVING RECORD
- Perform maintenance work to support the operations of the Cemetery Department, and engages in preparing graves, maintaining cemetery grounds, and performing related work in the cemetery.
- Daily duties in include the opening and closing graves, cutting grass, trimming hedges, setting stones and foundations, trimming trees, raking leaves, maintain the overall appearance of the cemetery.
- Assists the public with questions regarding cemetery.
- Performs basic maintenance on lawn equipment. Hauls materials and equipment to and from work sites.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other chemicals as needed.
- Performs general manual labor tasks as required.
- Assists in maintaining assigned trucks and equipment; performs cleaning, preventive maintenance, and simple repair work as required.
- Drives and operates trucks and other vehicles; operate various hand and power tools as necessary to accomplish tasks.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Lawnmower (Zero Turn), grass trimmer, backpack, and handheld blower, shovel, rake, hoe, edger, spray equipment, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, demolition hammer, tractor, truck, and any other hand or powered equipment required to perform duties.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires some general maintenance, construction or manual labor work experience. Skills in operation of the listed tools and equipment.