SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
PART-TIME ONLY DURING SCHOOL SESSIONS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON
- $15 hourly rate
- Stops and directs traffic at the designated sites as needed to allow pedestrians to cross the street safely.
- Controls pedestrian traffic.
- Keeps crosswalks free of cars and/or obstacles.
- Observes traffic flow and report any traffic problems to the assigned supervisor.
- Prepares and submits routine work records as required.
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Receives and responds to citizen inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance.
- Attends training as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires instruction that is sufficient for satisfactory job performance.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires a short demonstration up to and including one month.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires light work that involves walking or standing most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis.
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dust and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, depth perception, hearing and speaking abilities, and color perception.