Salary: $12.44 hr
• The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class.
• Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
• Drives City transit vehicles to safely transport persons on designated routes in a timely manner, following all applicable laws, policies, and regulations.
• Conducts safety inspections of the bus before starting the engine.
• Provides courteous customer service to passengers at all times.
• Deviates from established routes as requested by passengers and as permitted by division policy.
• Collects and maintains accountability of passenger fares until submitted to the supervisor.
• Maintains the cleanliness of assigned bus; submits maintenance requests as needed.
• Prepares and submits various records and reports as required.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, and complaints regarding areas of responsibility.
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state Class “B” commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
• Requires over six months and up to and including one year.
• Requires light work that involves driving most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs in the operation of vehicles.
• Requires performing semi-routine work following procedures with occasional problems.
• Requires using basic addition and subtraction, such as making change or measuring.
• Requires reading routine sentences, instructions, regulations, procedures or work orders; writing routine sentences and completing routine job forms and incident reports; speaking routine sentences using proper grammar.