Salary: $12.44 hr
• The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class.
• Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
• Drives City transit vehicles to safely transport persons on designated routes in a timely manner, following all applicable laws, policies, and regulations.
• Conducts safety inspections of the bus before starting the engine.
• Provides courteous customer service to passengers at all times.
• Deviates from established routes as requested by passengers and as permitted by division policy.
• Collects and maintains accountability of passenger fares until submitted to the supervisor.
• Maintains the cleanliness of assigned bus; submits maintenance requests as needed.
• Prepares and submits various records and reports as required.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, and complaints regarding areas of responsibility.
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state Class “B” commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
• Requires over six months and up to and including one year.
• Requires light work that involves driving most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs in the operation of vehicles.
• Requires performing semi-routine work following procedures with occasional problems.
• Requires using basic addition and subtraction, such as making change or measuring.
• Requires reading routine sentences, instructions, regulations, procedures or work orders; writing routine sentences and completing routine job forms and incident reports; speaking routine sentences using proper grammar.
Please Read Carefully Before Agreeing To Terms
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
The City Of Anderson is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment upon any basis, including race, color, creed, religion, age,
sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability. In reading and answering the
following questions, please keep in mind that none of the questions are intended to imply any limitations, illegal preferences, or discrimination based upon any non-job-related information.
I promise that the information provided in this employment application (and accompanying the resume, if any) is true and complete, and I understand that any false information or significant omissions may
disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may be justification for my dismissal from employment if discovered at a later date. I agree to immediately notify The City if I should be convicted of a felony, or any crime involving dishonesty or a breach of trust while my job application is pending, or during my period of employment if hired.
I authorize the investigation of all statements contained in this application (and accompanying resume, if any). I also authorize The City to contact my present employer (unless otherwise noted in this application form), past employers, and listed references. I understand that the City may request an investigative consumer report from a consumer reporting agency that includes
information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living. I understand that the investigative consumer report may involve personal interviews with my neighbors, friends, relatives, former employers, schools, and others. I also understand that under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act I have the right to make a written request to The
City, within a reasonable time, for the disclosure of the name and address of the consumer reporting agency so that I may obtain a complete disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation.
I authorize any person, school, current employer (except as previously noted), past employer(s), and organizations named in this application form (and accompanying a resume, if any) to provide The City with relevant information and opinion that may be useful to The City in making a hiring decision, and I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
If hired, I give permission for a complete physical examination and I consent to the release to The City of any and all medical information, as may be deemed necessary by The City in judging my capability to do the work for which I am applying.
I understand that if hired and if my employment is terminated by The City for dishonesty, breach of trust, or any criminal act, the authorities may be notified and I may be criminally prosecuted. I also understand that, if hired, I may not hold other employment, nor engage in sales, investments or other activities that create a conflict of interest with my position with The City.
I understand that this application does not, by itself, create a contract of employment. I understand and agree that, if hired, MY EMPLOYMENT IS FOR NO DEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME, and
may, regardless of the date of payment of my wages or salary, BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME; I understand that NO PERSON IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE ANY OF THE TERMS
MENTIONED IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM.
IF YOU ARE HIRED, A MEDICAL EXAMINATION WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE YOU START WORK. IF THE EXAMINATION DISCLOSES MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT PREVENT YOU FROM SUCCESSFULLY PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, THE CITY WILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ALLOW YOU TO WORK. IF NO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS CAN BE FOUND, OR THEY CAUSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE CITY, THE TENTATIVE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITHDRAWN.
AUTHORIZATION FORM FOR CONSUMER REPORTS
In connection with your application for employment (including a contract for services), understand that consumer reports or investigative consumer reports which may contain public record information may be
requested or made on you including consumer credit, criminal records, driving record, education, prior employer verification, workers compensations claims and others. These reports will include experience
information along with reasons for termination of past employment. Further, understand that information from various Federal, State, local and other agencies which contain your past activities will be requested. A
consumer report containing injury and illness records and medical information may be obtained only after a tentative offer of employment has been made. By signing below, you hereby authorize without reservation, any party or agency contacted by this employer to
furnish the above-mentioned information.
You further authorize ongoing procurement of the above-mentioned reports at any time during your employment (or contract). You also agree that a fax or photocopy of this
authorization with you signature be accepted with the same authority as the original. You have the right to make a request of HireCheck, Inc., upon proper identification and the payment of any
legally permissible fees, for the information in its files on you at the time of your request. You hereby authorize and request, without any reservation, any present or former employer, school, police
department, financial institution, division of motor vehicles, consumer reporting agencies, or other persons or agencies having knowledge about you to furnish HireCheck, Inc. with any and all background information in their possession regarding you, in order that your employment qualifications may be evaluated.
For California, Minnesota or Oklahoma applicants only, if you would like to receive a copy of the consumer report if one is obtained a request can be made. If requested and you are a California applicant, a copy of the consumer report will be sent within three (3) days of the employer receiving a copy of the consumer report.
For California applicants only, if public record information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living is obtained without using a consumer reporting agency, you will be
supplied a copy of this public record information within seven (7) days of the employer’s receipt unless you waive your right to obtain a copy of the consumer report.
A copy of Terms and Conditions can be found HERE.