Salary : $23,929
• Performs general groundskeeping work, including but not limited to preparing soil for planting,
installing landscape materials, watering plants and trees, pruning trees and shrubbery, removing
weeds, mowing grass, raking leaves, etc.
• Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other chemicals as needed to ensure landscape
• Removes debris from sidewalks, streets and other paved surfaces.
• Maintains and cleans assigned tools and equipment.
• Operates vehicles, trucks, and equipment such as a tiller, mower, weedeater, edger, blower,
hedge trimmer, spray equipment and other power and hand tools as necessary to complete duties.
• Prepares accurate and up-to-date records of work completed.
• Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
• Requires comparing or inspecting items against a standard.
• Requires following instructions and orders of the supervisor.
• Requires handling or using machines, tools or equipment requiring moderate instruction and experience, such as landscape/grounds equipment, power tools
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
• Requires doing clerical, manual or technical tasks prescribed by standard practices but which may require computation, the use of several procedures, and the use of independent judgments with obvious choices; requires normal attention for accurate results.
• Requires using addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, and/or calculating ratios, rates, and percentages.
• Requires performing semi-skilled work involving set procedures and rules but with frequent problems.