Salary : $23,929
• Performs daily duties in the opening and closing graves, cutting grass, trimming the hedge, setting stones and foundations, trimming trees, raking leaves, maintains the overall appearance of the cemetery.
• Assists public with questions regarding cemetery.
• Performs basic maintenance of lawn equipment.
• Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other chemicals as needed.
• Hauls materials and equipment to and from work sites.
• Performs general manual labor tasks as required.
• Assists in maintaining assigned trucks and equipment; performs cleaning, preventive maintenance, and simple repair work as required.
• Drives and operates trucks and other vehicles; operate various hand and power tools as necessary to accomplish tasks.
• Performs duties in accordance with all department policies, procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
• Attends training, meetings, etc., as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
• May perform some clerical and manual duties
• Fills in for other positions in the department
• Performs related duties and required.
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state CDL driver’s license.
• Skills in operation of the listed tools and equipment.
• Requires doing simple, repetitive manual, clerical or operating tasks following a few definite procedures; requires minor short-term planning; requires little attention for accurate results.
• Requires reading simple sentences, instructions or work orders; writing simple sentences and completing simple job forms; speaking simple sentences using basic grammar.