Salary : $28,716
• Participates as a crew member in the construction/installation of manholes and sewer lines.
• Locates and uncovers manholes.
• Assists in making sewer taps.
• Assists in inspecting sewer mains, manholes, sewer taps, service lines and grease traps for
• Assists with the operation of closed circuit television equipment to inspect sewer lines.
• Assists with general maintenance work, including cleaning out manholes and sewer lines, assisting with manhole and service line repairs, locating and repairing sewer leaks, clearing vegetation and debris from right-of-ways, digging and backfilling ditches, etc.
• Loads maintenance and construction materials onto/off of trucks.
• Maintains accurate and complete work records.
• Operates vehicles and heavy equipment such as a TV truck, bobcat, backhoe, front end loader, bush hog, tractor, dump trucks, trailers; operates gas detectors, vacuum equipment, air compressor, pumps, generators, general hand and power tools.
• Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Works on-call on a rotating basis as scheduled.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance in areas of
• Attends meetings, training, etc., as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
• Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license; CDL license is desirable.
• Must possess certifications in trenching and excavation, confined space entry, and CPR and First Aid. Class “D” Collection System certification is desirable.
• Requires one year of experience in utility construction, maintenance, and repair work.
• The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, dust and pollen, wildlife, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, confined spaces, disease/pathogens, toxic/caustic chemicals, dangerous gases.
• The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, odor perception, color perception, depth perception, texture perception.
• Responsible for guiding others, requiring a few decisions affecting a few co-workers; works in a stable environment with clear and uncomplicated written/oral instructions but with some variations from the routine.